You absolutely need to have an ElasticSearch server if you want to use this extension. If you need further information about ElasticSearch you can go on their website:http://www.elasticsearch.org/
This extension for Joomla! is a powerful search engine which uses ElasticSearch as indexer.
Here some features it provides:
- Results are ordering by pertinence.
- Boost on some fields. If a search word is in title it is more pertinent than if it is just in the content.
- Smart search. Our engine does not search the exact words which have been typed. The search is made by prefix so if you write part of a word it could return the whole word.
- Internationalization. Search results are in the same language that current user.
- Stopword. Common words (the, it, is etc.) are eliminated from the search query.
- Search words are highlighted in the results. The way highlighting is made can be modified. Indeed you can choose to bold results are use a special html tags.
- Each type of content has its own display. Different elements can be display depends on type of the result.
- PDF file can be easily indexed. You can attach a file to content and make search in that content.